Monday, May 29, 2017

First 8th Edition Eldar Battalion Detachment Nearly Completed...
























Nearly done my first detachment that will net me 6 command points.  Farseer with singing spear, Spiritseer, Guardian squad with to be determined heavy weapon and 2 x 5 man Avenger squads.  The Avengers are nearly done, cleaning up and finishing a squad that I had started back when the 6th edition Eldar codex dropped.  Paint wise:

Blue:
-Layer of Alaitoc Blue over existing paint job
-Highlight of Hoath Blue.
-I may end up painting the face plates blue or clean up and highlight the black.

Guns:
-Plan to paint the brown strips with a layer of Ushabti Bone and Screaming Skull highlights to keep consistent with the defender squad catapults.
-Will keep the black bits black to help tie in with future wraithguns.  I'm going to try deep blue highlights on the black bits.

Yellow:
-I plan to go over yellow frills on helmit and sash with agrax wash, Yriel yellow with Dorn Yellow highlights.

Red:
Eyes and soul stones same as defender squads.

Once the Avengers are completed its time to paint up some wraith guard.  The goal is to get 2 regular 5 man wraith squads done.  Moving on from there I will either paint a wraith lord or 3rd wraithguard(blade) squad of some sort.

I'm hoping I can take single Warlock seer councils to act as my hq choice moving forward.  That way I can better up my command point totals with vanguard and spearhead detachments .  I'm also inclined to paint up the plastic Autarch with sword, hawk wings, fusion pistol, mandiblaster and wings as an additional HQ choice.  I have a feeling that the Autarch will provide an extra command point to a battleforged army due to the fluff. Plus I anticipate the Autarch being able to charge into combat: dish out some mortal wounds with the mandiblaster, jam a melta pistol in someones face, and fly out of combat with the wings.

Thats all for now.




1 comment: