Wednesday, May 17, 2017
8th Edition Iyanden Combat Patrol
I can't believe I've started painting again. Man its been awhile. 8th edition has me fired up. I put together 500 points of Iyanden (points likely to change with 8th) using a combat patrol detachment. Bring on the new edition!
Hobby wise, I've come up with a paint plan for my yellow. Need to write it down here in case I need to come back to it down the road.
1) Prime white
2) Prime yellow army builder spray
3) Outline model with agrax earthshade
4) Layer yellow with yriel yellow
5) Highlight with dorn yellow
1) 2 thin layer's of alaitoc blue
2) Edge highlight hoeth blue
1) Heavy wash of agrax earthshade
Eyes and Gems are red but I need practice on these bits. Not sure what method yet to employ. Blue bits need some work on highlights and shading. Also I need to figure out a good highlight for the guns that pull the colour away from yellow. I like the heavy wash over the yellow primer as it looks like a nice organic brown (which is good for wraithbone I think). Finally I plan to base models with Stirland texture paint. Not sure on wash or highlights for base yet.