Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Shining Spears + Iyanden



































Still tinkering away at how I want to build my Iyandin army.  Not a big fan of including the Avengers.  Trying to avoid my old Eldar army lists to force myself into something new.  Right now I'm thinking of dumping the Avengers and adding in a unit of shining spears.  With invisibility getting dialed up to 11, I'm interested in running a unit of invisible shining spears.

Its almost the poor mans jetseer unit.  For half the price you get a unit with hit and run that hits hard.  Its not anywhere near as durable as the jetlocks but with invisibility, the unit becomes very hard to take out.  In order to make it work you need to make sure you have invisibility though.  One thing that is good about Iyanden is that the army has plenty of access to telepathy.  Multiple detachments aside, Iyandin also has the ability to spam decent psychers.

So the list that I'm thinking about now includes the following:

HQ:
Farseer - Jetbike, Singing Spear
2 x Spirit Seer's

Troops:
4 x 5 Wraithguard - Wraithcannons
5 Wraithguard - Wave Serpent, D-Scyths

Fast:
9 Shining Spears - Exarch, Hit & Run, Star Lance

Heavy:
Wraithlord - Ghostglaive
Wraithknight

Total Points: 1850

The plan is to roll all 7 powers on the telepathy table.  Its a gamble but I should be able to roll one five on seven rolls.  Really dig the telepathy primaris, psychic shriek with the increased range.  Over all its a solid discipline.

As it stands I've got 3 shining spears models so would have to buy another 6.  Also would have to break down and model a jetseer.  But after that army would be done.  I will proxy the models before making any purchases or scour ebay for some.  I think the shining spears add some nice mobility and punch that has been lacking in my earlier lists.  An alternative list could see me dropping 3 spears to fit in a 3rd spirit seer.  9 rolls on telepathy should increase the odds of rolling invisibility dramatically.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment