Sunday, February 3, 2013

Warriors of Chaos Review

















Picked up the new army book this morning.  The title is a bit of a misnomer, I'm not really writing a detailed review.  I'm revved up though to play Fantasy: I suppose my limited review is that the army must be good as it has been generating a lot of excitement at my FLGS.  That in turn has turned up the heat on myself to get the Lizards up to speed   I was starting to fall into the old trap of building an army and putting off the hobby/painting aspects till later.  I want instead to focus on getting a painted army down on the table.

I've decided to scale down my goal from building a 2400pt army to a 1500pt army.  Part of the pleasure of this game (for me at any rate) is playing with painted models.  So tonight I finished packing up all my non-lizard models and tucked them away.  My sole hobby focus is now drawn onto my lizardmen.  As well, I figure it will be easier to learn the rules at the smaller point level.

Also of note: I've found a great deal on some chameleon skinks and terridons.  Going to pick up 10 skinks and 3 terridons on Monday.  With my hands now on these new models I've decided to change up the focus of my list without loosing site of what hobby work has already been accomplished.  The new 1500 point list is as follows:

Lord:
Slann - Diadem of Power, Higher State of Conciseness.

Heroes:
Scar-Vet - Warrior Bane

Core:

27 Saurus - Full Command, Spears
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

Special:
8 Chameleon Skinks
3 Terridons
1 Stegadon

Rare:
2 Salamanders

Total Points: 1500

Going to focus on getting these models painted up ASAP.  I want to finish my saurus unit first before I move on.  So, decided to figure out how I'm going to base the unit.  Just waiting on the wash to dry then will give a light highlight and some flock/tufts.

















Once my 1500 points is done then I can move on to finishing up these next few models:

















Going to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment