Friday, September 9, 2011

Dr. Who in the Eye of Terror

























I picked up this book solely becasue the cover intrigued me.  What the heck was this human doing wearing Harlequin gear I thought.  Now, I'm not one to do book reviews, but I really enjoyed this one.  I had just finished reading Path of the Seer (which was good as well) and was hungry for more Eldar fluff.  I'm not going to go into the substance of the novel; rather just touch on what I liked about the book.

For starters, the Harlequins, as portrayed in the Infernal Atlas, kick ass!  They manhandled Space Marines, Iconic Chaos Space Marines and even Deamons.  I liked that a lot.  All too often it seems that the Eldar are always being portrayed as the 40k whipping boy.  I mean how many times has the Avatar bit the dust to a generic space marine hero.  Anyway, the Harlequins are a force to be reckoned with in the book which was nice.

What stood out to me was the fact that the novel did not portray the GW war torn universe in the cardboard black or white manner which seems to be the norm.  The protagonist is one crazy character that adventures in the grey areas of the fluff.  I found it refreshing.

Finally, if your like me and starved for Eldar fluff, the book does touch on the Black Library and the interactions between Harlequins and Craftworld Eldar.  I realize not cannon, but its nice to read a story that fleshes out the Eldar background.

Anyway, if you want a fun light read, I recommend giving Atlas Infernal a try.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that book as well. Rob Sanders is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Black Library authors.

    ReplyDelete