Sunday, February 13, 2011

500 Points Flesh Tearers





















Game 1:

Me

HQ: Seth
Troops:
10 Tac Squad with melta-gun, missile launcher and rhino
5 Assault with melta-gun

Total: 500 points

Guard

HQ:
command squad in chimera
Troops:
troop platoon
Fast:
armoured sentinel

I lost the game.  Big mistake splitting my army up on the advance.  Second, Seth is just too expensive at this point level.  Not to mention the mass of guard fire power.  Fun game though.  Made some changes for game two.





















Game 2:

Me

HQ:
Librarian with blood-lance and shield
Elite:
Priest
Troops:
10 Tac Squad with melta-gun, missile launcher, power sword and rhino
5 Assault with melta-gun


Space Wolves

HQ:
Rune Priest with wolf talisman, jaws, lightning
Lone Wolf, plasma pistol, thunder-hammer
Troops:
2 x 7 Grey Hunters, melta-gun and rhino

This game went a lot smoother.  I won but the wolves had some very poor dice as well.  The game was won when my librarian took out his rune priest.  Having the feel no pain with furious charge helped a lot as well.  Over all I kept my units meat balled together and advanced up the board.  The best move I made all game was blocking one of his rhinos and being able to deal with only half his force played a big part in my win.  Anyway next time I think I will tryout some different librarian powers like fear the darkness or unleash rage.

The big win this afternoon though was playing with plastic models over metal ones.  Thats one beef I have with the Eldar models is that they are largely metal.  Hopefully the Eldar will not be the last codex of 5th edition.  When/if it comes out I hope we will see plastic aspect warriors and plastic wraith-guard.  Dare to dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment